My first time seeing The Vamps and it won't be the last!

DISCLAIMER: ALL PHOTOS USED ON THIS BLOG POST ARE MINE, IF YOU WISH TO SHARE THEM ANYWHERE PLEASE ASK. I DO NOT BITE.  I'M PROUD OF THESE PHOTOS AND WOULD RATHER HAVE THE CREDIT TO BE HONEST. I'VE SHARED THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND RECEIVED LITERALLY ZERO FEEDBACK, THEN OTHER PEOPLE USE THEM AND SEEM TO BE TAKING THE CREDIT. SO YES, THE PHOTOS ARE ALL MY ORIGINAL ONES (MINUS DEAN'S AT THE END) BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! p.s. I don't wish to add a watermark on them because I personally think it ruins the photo so no using photos without permission naughty people! We all understood? Great!


If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram then you'll know this weekend I went to see The Vamps live at Sherwood Pines in Nottingham. Oh my, what a night! Let me tell you a little bit  lot about it?

I've got a slight feeling I was at the right concert...

As soon as I knew The Vamps were going to be performing at Sherwood Pines I absolutely had to get tickets. Forestry Commission are the people who organize and make the outdoor concerts happen. I can't fault them in the slightest, I take my hat off to them. Incredible, incredible people! If you wanna check them out you can head to their website and maybe take yourself to one of their concerts. If this weekend and last year are anything to go by you won't be disappointed.

Pricing is reasonable even though it's a set price for everyone, maybe childrens could do with being a little bit less but other than that no faults. What I love about the whole experience is you can take in your own chairs, picnic blankets, picnic basket, food, drinks and really enjoy live music in a beautiful atmosphere. What more could you want? A stuffy arena or the great outdoors? I wouldn't even have to debate this one. You choose where you feel like sitting and you can quiet easily wiggle around to get some good shots (yes, I totally did that of course)!

A few different locations, a few different performers.

Now I've given a little bit of background info about the place and organizer. I'll talk about the show itself. OH MY! What a fantastic night from start to finish.

The Vamps were the main act and they had a total of three support acts. First support act was HomeTown...(click their name and you'll go to their YouTube channel)


HomeTown are a six piece boyband from Ireland, managed by Louis Walsh. They well and truly got the night going. Very good voices but they didn't leave enough of an impact on me to become a fan but they were very good non the less. Extremely entertaining, singing and dancing to bills, they had a great attitude and stage presence.


Second support act was The Tide...(pssssst, click The Tide and as if by magic you'll arrive at their YouTube channel...you can thank me later)!





The Tide are a four piece band made up of Austin, Drew, Levi and Nate (totally only know this because I've been Instagram and Twitter stalking clearly) from California and are signed by The Vamps new record label. The Tide clearly already had some fans in the audience and I can completely understand why. I think these four are certainly ones to watch and are going to go far. They without a doubt know how to entertain a crowd and if I had the chance to go see them again I would, for now YouTube will have to do. Their covers are great and their original song 'falling in love tonight' is perfect.






Third support act (three support acts and all impressive)...Union J! Remember Union J from X Factor? They were so good also ones who know how to work the stage and get the audience grooving. I'm guessing they are clearly in the right job for them cos I know I couldn't do that.





Once Union J had finished rocking the stage it was time to wait, only half an hour and that flew by. I bought a programme to remember the concert, I always buy something as a little reminder...ok, I also bought a tshirt too.



8.45pm soon came around, The Vamps were on stage! Girls were screaming, phones and ipads at the ready...yes, some people actually took ipads with them. I mean really?!?! Do you think that's a must have when you go to a concert? I don't think that's something to take to a concert. 

Live in the now people, enjoy...take photos to remember the night, capture moments, record little snippets too. I think the ipad thing is just a little weird for me because it isn't a camera, the camera quality isn't the greatest on the scheme of things...enough waffle about the ipads? yeah, I thought so too.


Brad, Connor, James & Tristan certainly know how to put on a show, no doubt about it! These boys didn't stop! They thoroughly entertained everyone there. Once they got on the stage I don't think they stopped for 2 minutes. It is so clear that this is their passion, that it means so much to them. All four of them seem so down to earth and grateful to be doing what they love every single day.

I was so gutted that I didn't get the chance to meet them, I missed the meet and greet competition...damn it! But being able to see them live was such an experience that I won't be forgetting anytime soon, especially not with my photos that I took. I managed to take 624 photos on the night, some ended up a little blurred but some ended up pretty darn impressive (yes, I'm being a little bit big headed maybe but whats the point in bringing yourself down? there's plenty of people out there who are willing to do that for you). 







 



I would without a doubt go to see them again live, I'd go again right this second if I could. If you get the opportunity to go to one of their shows go, you wont be disappointed! Don't think about the price of the ticket, just go. If you enjoy someone's music and it has an impact on your life, support them and go see them live. You can't beat the feeling after a concert, the buzzing in your ears, the random outbursts of you singing along to their songs.

Forestry commission pleaseeeee bring The Vamps back next year or maybe you could try for Rixton? Now that would be a show I'd go to aswell! I'm going to leave you with two of my favourite photos (one is mine and the others is Dean's who records and takes photos for the band), through either side of the lens!



Blogging is fantastic for not only remembering experiences but also sharing them too!

2 comments

  1. Glad you had such a great time. You got some brilliant, close up pictures! I love the Vamps, I would love to see them live! x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously think great time is an understatement to be honest.

      It's all about the zoom and skill ;) or zoom and pot luck? :)

      I'd beyond recommend! <3 xxxx

      Delete