My Driving Journey - Lesson 17 & 18

I genuinely can't believe how many lessons I've had, I know I've said it before & if your still reading it your probably thinking yeah, yeah Anna we know..
But you know what, I am amazed with myself. I think truly I'm the only one who might ever understand my excitement & amazement of the whole experience.
 
Let's get cracking on with the update on my journey,
beeeeppp beeeeppp! Coming through....
 
 
Tuesday 20th August
Today I knew full well we would be going on a drive around kind of lesson since on my last lesson I got introduced to a new manoeuvre. So we went around the next town, the one with my highest anxiety levels & the one where the tests happen to take place. I drove through some of the villages I had never been through before, I had heard of the names but not once actually been in them. So it was like a little adventure, not really an awful lot to share really..Other than I may of slightly just accidently stalled on a roundabout, I suppose we have to make mistakes to learn from them. But other than that it was a pretty good lesson.
 
Thursday 22nd August
This lesson I got to practice parallel parking some more, can I get a woop woop? We are on to practicing manoeuvre number 3, yipeeeee! We went to the same street where I was introduced to the manoeuvre last week & got to practice a couple of times before heading off onto a different area. In the next area I got to practice with a van, well that's an experience, actually I think it was more of a stressful experience because there was a vehicle wanting to get past from either way. Nevermind, they just had to wait but I panicked a little & tried to do it quicker, didn't really help. So after that I practiced once more with a car & then headed home. I'm yet to actually experience any manoeuvre on a flat even road, but I suppose it's defiantly practice.
 
If you follow me on twitter you will know what happened..
I managed both of these lessons without any safety behaviour (mints, chewing gum or ginger)...that is four lessons all together...WOWZA!
 
Have you learnt to drive while struggling with an illness?
How did that work out for you?
Anything you'd like to share about your experiences with driving feel free to share them in the comments below, I love hearing from you guys!
 
Thanks for reading.
- Anna ♥

No comments