the difference a year or two can make....

Image found on weheartit

I've recently been thinking about how much my life has changed over the past year. Infact it has changed positively in the past couple of weeks! I actually look back a little & actually think I can't believe it too! It has changed little by little every year actually but the past year seems to have been my best one. I never imagined I would be where I am now. You know onwards & upwards....
 
I've decided I'm just going to try & write a very little, ok ok...maybe a fairly lengthy post (you know I don't do short posts very well) about the past year or so. Of course, I'm going to try & find a few photos to fit in too. :) 


 
First off without a doubt I'm going to have to mention the exact reason I'm actually here, blogging in the first place. One word for you, anxiety...if you suffer with anxiety you will know how relatable the below picture is....
 
Image found on weheartit

This month a year ago I decided to start blogging & I can honestly say I haven't looked back since. I started blogging about my friend anxiety. I thought it would be a good way to kind of express myself & have something to focus on, little did I know I would become connected to so many people too. I absolutely LOVE it! I really love the whole process of blogging...the planning what I'm going to write about (sometimes its just straight out of the blue, random & whenever I want to blog) , taking or finding pictures, writing my post, receiving lovely comments on my posts. The blogging community really is a lovely community to be part of & it is safe to say I have created some friendships too.
 
Image found on weheartit
 
Over the past couple of years my thoughts really have changed but the negative thoughts can easily win if you let them out do the positive ones. I've chosen over time to change my negative thoughts for positive ones instead & I can honestly say I'm in a much better frame of mind. Don't get me wrong, the negatives do creep in every now & then but I just change them for happy positive ones instead. It isn't as simple as just changing your thoughts once or twice & expect it to work, you have to put in a lot of hard work & it should pay off...it certainly has for me.
 
Pretty sure this image will be from weheartit too

 I do think that really life hasn't got any easier as such, I certainly have got stronger as a person. I'm beginning to find my own voice, ooohh how exciting..I'm gaining my own voice at the age of twenty two...finally, praise the lord?! I used to really struggle to let go of things...whether that be something that happened, a thought in my head, a friendship or relationship that had ended. But I now feel I handle these different situations a lot better, I don't hold onto things anymore...obviously if they aren't worth holding on to. I know that I'm the stronger person for walking away instead of holding on to something that might never change. Over the past year I have certainly learnt who & what is important to me & my life. I've also learnt to put myself first sometimes too, cos sometimes you have to be selfish & look after yourself...you're the one person you can guarantee will be there for you at the end of each day. I advice each & every one of you to make a friend in yourself, embrace yourself, love yourself, become your own best friend :) Did I just sound really cheesy there? I don't care, that's how I feel & think.

Image found on weheartit

One thing I certainly have learnt to do is hold my head up high. Especially when it comes down to my anxiety. I don't shy away as much as I used to. On the 6th February this year I decided to take part in the time to talk day, which was so much fun actually. I even got to meet a friend of mine who I'd been talking to for over a year. This time last year I was pretty low actually & was waiting to start my next lot of therapy, I think. I'd already had one the previous year but that seemed to send me backwards...not the direction I was hoping for exactly. I've now started to talk a lot more about my anxiety, both on my blog & in real life too. Anxiety is only a little part of me, yes it can sometimes feel a huge part but I'm not going to let it define me. If I feel someone should know about my situation I'd much rather be honest & mention my situation. Like before Christmas I applied for a job, I had two interviews & from the first interview I was honest & open from the start...I literally mean within a couple of sentences I was in there dropping the anxiety bomb. Thankfully I had such a fantastic response from them & they were so understanding. Unfortunately I didn't get the Monday to Friday job with them but I have now got a Saturday job with them, which they hope will lead to a more permanent position....here is hoping! I know how lucky I am to have such a supportive bunch of people around me, I don't take any of it for granted.

Then the most recent thing to happen to me....I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!!! I FLIPPING DID IT!!!! :D I still can't actually fully believe it, maybe it will sink in more next week when I would usually have my lesson or maybe when I actually get to drive a car on my own. I really can't wait to be able to have my own adventures & go to more places too. This time last year I genuinely never thought I would be able to drive. Luckily for me again, I got another person to add to my supportive bunch. My instructor Sharon, I contacted a few instructors being honest about how I was & two men said I should wait until I'm fully better....clearly they were clueless. Then two women were very understanding, I felt like I clicked with Sharon more so I went with her & she has been absolutely amazing during it all! I really am so grateful for her, she has been so understanding & supportive. So yeah, that happened & that's all I have to update you with I think...I just said that as if I've only wrote a little paragraph, as if that would happen!

 
I'm not sure I actually know anybody else who has passed their driving test & framed the certificate but because of my anxiety & situation it really is a massive achievement for me so I thought sod it, I'm framing it! So as you can tell from the photo above I treated myself to a pretty frame, even got a little bit of money off because a friend served me & got family & friends discount...thanks Adele! :) we all love a little bit of a saving, right?! :)
 
 
A little note to leave you all on...
This post wasn't just for me, it was for you too...
 
Image found on weheartit
 
If you have taken time out of your day to celebrate with me the difference a year can make, I would like to thank you very much! Ooohh & a MAHOOSSSIIVEEE thank you for all your lovely tweets, you guys are the best! :)
 
- Anna ♥

18 comments

  1. Well done, Anna. It is amazing just how much can change in a year. You have so much to be proud of so a big congrats for you :) Just imagine what you could have accomplished by this time next year!

    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Debi :) it really is, amazing & scary! :/
      thank you again! :) I know right, eeekk! xxx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on passing your driving test - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Rachael! :D extremely exciting! xx

      Delete
  3. I love these posts - they make me feel so happy inside about how much things can change (for the good). It really is strange to think about my life a year ago compared to now...thank you for getting me thinking Anna!

    Love, Lou x
    Bluebird | Beauty and life blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one :) I hope it's changed for the better Lou :) xxxx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post. A year can make a big difference, it certainly has for me. I've opened uo more about my depression and moved on from some people who had a really negative influence on me and my health.

    Congrats on passing your driving test! I hope things continue to be on the up for you.

    http://photo-jenn-ic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/story-of-my-life-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen :) it really can...you don't realise how fast it flies by! :) Good on you Jen, wise move by the sound of it & being open about things is always great :)
      thank you very much! :) me too! xxxx

      Delete
  5. well done on the driving test!! !! took me a long time to pass it so i know the feeling ;)
    and the title of your post *omg* today i was reading my february 2013 highlights and it turns out that exactly 1 year ago i was going out every night in england. and now i am handing in my thesis and i'm about to graduate in italy. who would have guessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I think it's better when you fail because once you do pass you are more excited...maybe that was just me :) hehe!
      WOWWW, a year really has made a difference for you! :O I hope this next year will be just as exciting & different for you too! xxxx

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful post! I love all the pictures and quotes too. It all creates an amazing message.. And it is so true.. You never know what a whole new year will bring to you so just stick with it. I'm glad everything is found good for you and hope even more good your way!!

    Nichole Josey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, well done you on all you've achieved and how much stronger you've become over the last year. And, guess what? YOU CAN DRIVE!!!!!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michelle! :) I know! :D ARGGGGHHHH! EXCITING BUT SCARY!!!! (yes, it really needed to be in caps!) :P xx

      Delete
  8. Woohoo! Congrats on passing your driving test! All the best people pass on their second time :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much! :) so I'm told! X

      Delete
  9. Anna, this is a truly amazing post! I am so happy that you connected with me and that I was introduced to your blog. It truly is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing all that you have shared. My blog is almost about a year old and I am happy to hear that yours, a little older, has helped you a great deal! Writing definitely has helped me. And I think that being open about these 'issues' just makes us more confident and shows the anxiety who's boss! Your sweetness and beauty shines through your words. I have enjoyed reading some of your posts thus far and hope you continue this beautiful work.

    Cheers! xx
    Loren.

    www.enlightenedbybravery.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Loren for your lovely comment! :)

      congratulations on blogging for a year, I hope you have many more blogging years ahead of you :)

      xxxx

      Delete