Sunday Sharing... The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

Another Sunday...where does the week go? I've just come back in from an afternoon of creating future blog posts, mainly just taking photos & getting creative in the meantime. I'll be starting to put together them posts later tonight or maybe even tomorrow. I started this post about two weeks ago, almost straight after I'd finished the book & haven't felt a right time to hit publish...slightly weird? But here it is, better late than never.
 
I'm not one of the world's quickest readers, at all. It has taken me just over a month to read this book but I've bloomin' well enjoyed it! You know the saying 'never judge a book by it's cover', who created this saying? How many of you judge a book by it's cover. I certainly do & I'm sure alot of people do, I mean it's the first thing you see...


An awful lot of my books are lovey dovey, happy ending kind of stories. I'm a sucker for a Nicholas Spark book. But I recently got to the point where I was like, "I'm fed up of love stories. I want to read something a little different". It might of come from reading Nicholas Sparks, Safe Haven. That wasn't his typical kind of story, but I seriously loved reading it. It had some action in, don't want to say too much about it. So I'm thinking maybe that was what made me change my mind anyway.

Safe to say looking at both the front cover & the back of The Good Girl, it is certainly not going to be a lovey dovey kind of story. The front cover always draws me in & this was certainly an eye catching front cover (good job Mary!). As you can tell I spotted the book, read the blurb & gave it a shot!


I've never gone by book recommendations or book reviews when I choose a book to read, cos everyone is different when it comes to choices of books & their opinions. I'd much rather read a book, gain my own opinion from it & then share it with others.

But since I share a fair bit of my life online I thought I'd share with you my recent read. I don't want to say too much about it. If you like books with a darker side of life but with a twist then this book could certainly be a read for you.

I'm not a huge fan of chapters in books, as in chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6....you get the picture. I prefer it when the chapters are either a diary entry or just based on one character. Throughout The Good Girl the chapters are based on a character, telling the story from their view, both before the big event in the story & after too.

Would I recommend this book to you? Absolutely!

After reading it & then reading the front saying about 'fans of Gone Girl will embrace this'. I thought it was only right I picked up a copy of Gone Girl & give it a read. I'm almost half way through it & I'm really enjoying it. Hoping to finish the book before it stops showing in cinemas too, otherwise I'll have to just wait for the DVD.

Have you read any good books lately?
I'd love to hear about it.

No comments