world mental health day

 
 
Today is world mental health day, so I thought I'd put together a little post. A little post to share some places with you, use them as you like...to get support if you need it...to share with someone who might be suffering...to get an understanding of mental health...to speak to someone if you are feeling alone.
 
 
 
 


The scariest part of mental health is that anyone can suffer, no matter how rich you are, no matter how famous you are, no matter how successful you are, no matter how popular you are, no matter how confident you are...literally anyone can be affected by mental health problems.

We can't all possibly be fully understanding of every possible mental health problem out there but we can sure as hell try to get more of an understanding & be supportive of others.

One piece of advice I'd give to someone suffering is to speak out, please don't suffer in silence. You don't necessarily have to speak to someone you know...Samaritans can be there if you need them. People online can also be extremely supportive too (in my opinion). You could even set up a blog, you don't have to blog publically...you can remain anonymous. Amy is a fabulous example of this! I've a lot of love & respect for Amy.

Blogging has without a doubt helped me, from the days of starting out blogging with nobody reading them up til now. I can tell such a difference in myself over the past few years, my mental health has improved so much. Blogging has given me such a focus in life, it is now a hobby of mine.



I've seen a few videos floating around today for world mental health day, this is my contribution...in written form instead of video form.

Just want to state, I'm not a professional in anyway...I'm just a girl living with a mental health problem.

2 comments

  1. This is such a cute post! I wrote my own little post about it on:

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete