My Driving Journey - Lesson 35

This week I only had one lesson, my usual Tuesday slot was taken by a test & my instructor was off on Thursday since the last week has been half term. It felt so weird just having one lesson but this week is back to Tuesday & Thursday, yipeeeee!
 
 
Before I start with my lesson run down, I wanna know if anyone can help me. As you can see on my image above I added my URL, now my URL has changed but I don't actually know how to remove the old URL from the picture...any tips? Please let me know in the comments, thanks!
 
 
Monday 21st October
Since starting my lessons I have been waiting for rain & finally we got rain. I know a few people who hate driving in the rain but I was quite curious & eager to give it a go. I have to say, I don't really mind it to be honest. But out of all the things we could be doing in the rain, it had to be an emergency stop didn't it. Before being introduced to emergency stops I got chance to practice a 3 point turn, I managed that in 3 & didn't hit any kerbs...bonus!
 
Then after that we got to practice more emerging from junctions. I also got explained the 'show me, tell me' part of the test, I had heard of it but never been explained much about it really. I guess the clue is kind of in the name really. Up next was the emergency stop, it is so weird trying to stop quickly when really I've been so used to slowing down gradually. I had heard that like the instructor/examiner will hit the dashboard & then you are expected to stop. It was nothing like that, Sharon checked behind her & then when she was ready & knew it was safe, she would put her arm out in front of her with her hand up...imagine Spice Girls - Stop & you've got it about right..
 
stop right now, thank you very much I need somebody with a human touch, hey you always on the run gotta slow it down baby gotta have some fun....
 
& then obviously I have to stop the car wherever we are. I have to remember to hit my foot on the brake like I'm having a tantrum. The first couple of the times weren't great but once she told me to put my foot down harder, like having a tantrum it was better....the papers on the backseat all fell on the floor, so that must of been a good sign, right?
 
 
What did you think to emergency stops?
Let me know in the comments.
I really love hearing from you.
 
Thanks for reading.
- Anna ♥

No comments