Hey, let's talk about....manners

What are manners?
Do you know what manners are?
I'm certain a lot of people don't have a clue.
 
This post has come about when the other day I was in my local town doing a little bit of shopping. I went into a photo shop to get a photo printed off. When the lady served me she asked if I needed a frame to go with my photo & I responded with "no thank you, we already have one sorted".. I wasn't expecting what came next at all, the lady actually was shocked at my manners because she said not many people use them. Really when I think about it, she is right.
I've also seen a few tweets recently regarding manners too.
 
Image found on weheartit
 
It really irritates me when people don't use manners. It really isn't hard to use them.
 
You know when someone holds the door for you, just say thank you.
If you're grateful for something someone has done, just say thank you.
When you get off the bus, just thank the bus driver...yes it is their job but still it's nice to let people know we appreciate what they are doing. If it wasn't for that bus driver you might of had to walk your journey.
When you've been to the doctors, on your way out just thank them.
When you want somebody to help you, just say please.
If you want someone to pass you something, just say please.
If you want somebody to stop doing something that is irritating you, just say please.
 
Just use manners whenever & wherever you can.
 
Using manners is just a lovely way to be if you ask me. Manners cost absolutely nothing. We all know what they are, but I think a few of us don't know how to use them or just basically choose not to.
 
Image found on weheartit
 
What are your opinions on manners?
I'd love to hear what you've got to say.
 
Thanks for reading.
- Anna ♥

4 comments

  1. I'm glad you wrote about this. As I've said before it drives me crazy that people can't say a simple please or thank you. I was raised to be polite and use my manners. It really isn't that difficuly!

    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debi :) I completely agree with you, no reason not to use manners xx

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. They don't cost a penny and can make someone's day. I especially had bad manners over the phone.
    There's a great quote: "Friendship and manners will take you far further than money"
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really can :)
      have you improved your bad manners over the phone now? :)
      ahhh, that is a lovely quote :) so true too! xx

      Delete