a new year, new hopes & new dreams....2014

 2014 is finally upon us, I don't spend my time wasting the days of the year away but some days I really don't do much worth while at all. But this year I'm hoping that will change a little & I will create some lovely memories.

I don't usually bother with new years resolutions because let's be honest how often do we manage to keep them? I think most of the trouble is the fact that the new years resolutions are too strict & impossible to change with the click of a finger & alot us are inpatient. New years resolutions can be made doable if you just find the right way to phrase it & decide on a plan to how you will achieve it.



2014 can be made the same as every year, a year for us all to move forward in our lives & better ourselves. I thought this image was so cool & showed exactly the direction we should all be heading. Either towards the sun or forwards. Maybe you will be heading towards the sunshine on holiday, oooh lovely & enjoy....

Image found on weheartit



So after thinking about my new years resolution I created last year, there was only one. I can remember writing it down even now, almost a year on from when I wrote it. I remember writing it down in the back of a notebook (can't find the notebook now) & the one resolution I had was to learn to drive. I didn't put any pressure on myself to learn straight away at the beginning of the year at all. I started in June, what a great decision that was & I'm now months (oooh, or maybe weeks...that would be telling) away from my practical test. Since I have completed that new years resolution I thought why not create myself one this year, apart from the 'one' I decided to create turned in to a few more....

I'll get on with listing them now shall I? Yes Anna, crack on...you know it's completely fine to talk to yourself every once in a while..or every day.

Live a more healthier active lifestyle
I'm going to be realistic about this one, which is key to anything really. I'm not going to plan to run a marathon next month, that just wouldn't happen. I just mean to cut down on junk food, not all junk food.. cutting down on everything would be crazy right? Well I think so anyway, its all about moderation & we all need little treats every now & then. You won't find me signing up for the gym neither especially since I'm surrounded by such lovely areas to walk. So I just mean to eat less junk because that can have an effect on how I feel & get out & get more fresh air.

Spend money on experiences & less on materialistic things
I think this one pretty much speaks for itself. I really do love abit of shopping but how scary is it to think that people can just take away your purchases & nothing is done about it. Where as if you spend your money on experiences then you create memories & can anyone take memories away from you? No. Can anyone change those memories? No, they can not. So I hope to be able to share some of my upcoming experiences with you on here. I haven't been on holiday for easily over 6 years so an adventure is needed.

Let go of things I can't change
How many of us hold on to things or on to feelings for someone who no longer cares? I'm pretty sure there is quite a few of us who are guilty of this. But over the last year I've actually realized that no matter how much you want someone or something to change, sometimes it just doesn't. That is just the way the cookie crumbles. So I've decided to let go of things in the past that I just can't change, onwards & upwards folks.

Get over my fear of dentists
I was going to add try before this one but if I put try I'm less likely to complete it. I'll just think "ooh, I've just got to give that a try & not give it my all". So I hope to give it my all & hopefully overcome my fear of dentists. I've managed to learn to drive, something I never thought I would be able to do. But looking back on driving that is just proof that if I believe in myself I'm halfway there. I didn't have a dentist for a good couple of years because my dentists shut & then we couldn't find a new dentist so I now need to get back in to the routine of going back. Just thought of one more resolution too actually....

Don't care what people think of me
I thought of this one because when I go to the dentists I will more than likely take my mum, is that 'cool' at the age of 21? I don't really care to be honest. Is it 'cool' to take your mum with you to the doctors? Probably not but I'm not bothered about that either. People don't know my situation or what I'm going through so their opinion of me doesn't matter at all. It is invalid. :)

  ♥

I've decided to add a couple of pieces of advice for you too.

Don't be so hard on yourself. 
With the new year will come new mistakes & that is absolutely fine. Mistakes don't always have to be a bad thing. Mistakes are proof that you are trying so whatever happens in the new year don't be so hard on yourself.

Image found on weheartit

Continue to do what you love
I saw the picture below on weheartit & I thought I'd add it in because yes it made me giggle a little..how many people are all "new year, new me"? Admittedly, I think I have said it before....cringe a little?! But in reality, you aren't going to be a different person when the clock strikes midnight on the 1st of January are you? You don't change in to a new you when the week changes so why would a year change be different? If you want to change you will change by your own choice not because the year has. So this picture made me think of this piece of advice, alot of us internet users will probably want to or expect to try & use the internet less but why do you use it? Why do you spend so much time online? I know why I do because I enjoy it. I enjoy blogging, I enjoy interacting with others, I enjoy reading what others have to say, what videos are floating about on youtube.. So I thought why should we try & create a unrealistic resolution when the reality is we enjoy it. I believe we should all do as much as we can of what we enjoy because at some point it can be taken away from you. What do you think?

Image found on weheartit



Well if you like reading my waffley kind of posts (most of my posts) you have certainly got a treat with this one because it sure is waffley. I really hope you enjoyed it though.

What are your new years resolutions? Have you created a similar post? Let me know in the comments below. I really do love hearing from you..

Thanks for reading.
- Anna ♥

4 comments

  1. I love number 2! I think that's a great idea! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Anna :) I'm not one for resolutions either but I'm setting myself a few goals that I hope are pretty achievable for 2014.

    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Debi :) good idea..it's always nice to have a few goals :) xxxx

      Delete