Little health related update

Since I started my blog to share my thoughts, to let them all out. I'm all for speaking out, instead of keeping things bottled in. A problem shared is a problem halved, if you ask me. I thought I'd do an update of how things are with my lovely buddy anxiety & what better time to do it than when I've had my review at the doctors.

I don't have CBT anymore & I'm pleased with my progress. Yes, I have bad days but you just have to ride them out & speak about them. I always find speaking out helps, hence why I do so alot on my blog & in real life too. I've been on my tablets for about a year now, I take one a day. On days when I have driving & I'm really busy getting ready for the day I actually sometimes debate if I have taken my tablet or not, so I guess you could say I don't feel like I rely on them. Luckily the tablets are in weekly strips so I do know if I have taken them. I have another review in 6 months time & then hopefully this time next year, I will be off of tablets all together....woohoo! A lot of people do refuse tablets & any kind of help but both tablets & CBT have really helped me & I'm slowly getting my life back together.



Since I think it is healthy to speak openly about your worries & things that have affected you I thought I'd share my little story about what else happened at the doctors. Whilst I was there I mentioned that I found a lump (in my boob), even typing this right now feels slightly weird in a way. I mean do you really want to know about this? Well I'm telling you now anyway.... But I did the done thing & got it checked out, it is luckily nothing....just fatty tissue (too much info?). We all have health scares & related issues so why not talk about them. Most lumps & bumps can be nothing to worry about but it is always best to get checked out. This is actually the reason I decided to create the CoppaFeel post because breast cancer affects so many peoples lives, just like any kind of illness really but I find we don't openly speak about it. But if we did, then situations wouldn't be so scary. So here I am telling you my story about that.

The nurse said I did the right thing to get myself checked, she said something that really stuck in my head actually. She said a lot of people find something & just ignore it, bury it in the sand & push it to the back of their minds. We shouldn't do that, we should always go to the doctors & get checked because like the nurse said if it is something it wont get better without help & treatment. Would we ignore a hole in our trousers?

I suppose aswell this post is a little friendly note to say that if you do have something you're worried about, don't be afraid to go to your doctors & get it checked out. I was absolutely petrified & I automatically thought the worst, I think I'm more cautious of breast cancer since my mum was diagnosed with it last year. But I thought to myself, it is completely normal to be petrified & I think that feeling is more around because not many people openly speak about illnesses. That is why I speak openly & hope that one day more people will. So please if you are worried, go to your doctors & speak about it with someone too. Remember, a problem shared is a problem halved. Nobody should have to face anything alone.



Did you catch my latest post about the charity CoppaFeel?
Click here to go over, educate yourself about the charity & get to know those boobies of yours too, please.




If you read this post, thanks. I love being part of such a lovely supportive community, I feel like I'm gaining some great friendships through blogging so I'd just like to say thank you so much! I feel friendships blossoming & my self esteem rising.

- Anna ♥

8 comments

  1. I'm guessing that this is why you were so worried about the doctors this week? Well done on being so proactive and getting it checked out. I know I'd feel terrified if I'd found a lump but you did completely e right thing by getting it checked out. Plus, raising all this awareness of just how important it is to "coppafeel" is fantastic. Good for you, Anna, and I'm glad it was nothing to worry about too :)

    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've got it..this was exactly why I was so worried. I thought it was only right I created the coppafeel post then :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. So sorry you had a scare this week but so so so pleased you decided to share your experience to help others; you rock! And fantastic news that you're making progress with the anxiety, such a hard thing to battle. Think you're kinda awesome Anna, just keep swimming.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to speak openly because it really does help others I believe :) why thank you Michelle! :) xxxx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you feel that talking on here helps! I totally agree :) I tagged you in my latest blog post :) find it at - http://sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie/2014/01/the-dmc-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really would, like you wouldn't believe :) ooohh..I will definitely check it out! :) thank you for tagging me xxxx

      Delete
  4. I had no idea before reading this you were worried about the doctors! Now I know why as well. You def did the right thing. I actually went for the same reason a few weeks ago and it was something another that disappeared after a course of tablets! Never knew you had to check the armpit area as well when checking for lumps x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you do & collar bone area too right? xxxx

      Delete